The General Assembly consists of all full members – each member one vote.
The General Assembly:
- approves, makes amendments and additions to the constitution of the association;
- approves the framework, policy plan, activity programme and Code of Conduct and Ethics of the association;
- elects and dismisses Board members;
- elects and dismisses the President;
- elects and dismisses a delegate and one alternate to represent ABET in the WFOT;
- approves the report of the Board;
- approves membership fee and the term of payment;
- approves the budget and the annual financial report of the association;
- decides regarding expulsion/exclusion from the association;
- decides/votes on reorganizational dissolution of the association and on merging with another association;
- votes on membership in other organizations;
- abrogates decisions of other bodies of the association, which contradict the law, the constitution or other statements, regulating the activities of the association;
- approves the acceptance of honorary members;
- approves the working structures of the association.
The General Assembly will be convened by the Board, but at least once a year.